Future Scenarios in Strategy Development
Tomorrow´s business environment is becoming more and more unpredictable and volatile: the energy markets are increasingly characterised by technological advances, which is why conventional strategies founded on short term data and knowledge no longer imply any solid business planning. In order to be competitive, offshore professionals therefore have good reasons to take a long-term perspective.
This module will provide participants with new insights regarding long term development options. Methods and data management processes will be integrated to develop strategic choices of the future. As opposed to common strategic thinking, this course expands into future studies and appropriate applications of new theories and methods.
- Identifying and analyzing mega trends and driving forces within the industry, to foresee industry future challenges
- Examples of unexpected innovations as well as missed opportunities in the development of technologies and markets
- Methods for creative thinking and prognosis, both addressing classical opportunities and risk evaluation
- Exchange of experiences and inspiration
- Space for thoughts, which there rarely is a time for in daily management activities
- Out-of-the-box methodologies
- to create, validate and evaluate the potential of future business opportunities and can link them to systematic realization paths