Innovation through Collaboration
Delivering new ideas and technologies as successful products to market is at utmost importance for firms in the offshore wind industry. This requires not only creative idea generation, but also management of these creative ideas towards successful innovation and market implementation. Focus will be given to internal managerial processes and practices.
As companies increasingly collaborate with external partners such as users, customers, universities and competitors throughout their innovation processes, the course also addresses the opportunities, challenges and implications for successful collaboration innovation.
- Apply innovation management approaches and methods for idea generation, product and service development
- Manage innovation within the firm and through partnerships, networks and alliances
- Address challenges and opportunities that small and large firms face within innovative collaboration
- Apply new knowledge collaboratively with other professionals
- Overcome barriers to creativity
The course aims at providing a set of advanced insights into the field of management of innovation spanning from foundational themes to the most recent developments of the field: open innovation and collaborative innovation such as co-creation.
Professor and Research Group Director at Aarhus University
Maritime & Logistics Innovation Denmark (MARLOG)
Co-lecturer from business:
Offshore Research Manager at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy