Innovative Project Management
Traditional project management courses teach systematic approaches to project planning. This is a strength but also a disadvantage. The course aims at giving the students the ability to adapt project planning to a specific environment. By bringing in innovative thinking in project planning a project model tailored for the firm can be established between the outer ends of the traditional project management theory: Water fall models and adaptive project management. The module combines the aspects of innovation and HRM to make project management a leadership tool.
Due to the current challenges within the wind industry the course will focus on designing the project management models necessary to cope with the tasks of decommissioning.
- Project management theory; Including tools and methods
- Analysis of project management requirements in a specific firm
- Design of project models adapted for specific industrial conditions
- Project management standards; Including Agile and Lean principles
- Life cycle aspects to be managed; From design to decomissioning
- Norms and regulation; Including third party approval
- Project planning; Including governance, progress monitoring and Visible Planning
- HRM in a project environment; Including leadership and knowledge management
- Manage innovation processes
- Communication and its role in project management
- The course will also to some extent include other critical parts for project management; Change Management, Risk Management, Contract Management, HSE/QA, Close-out and hand over, lessons learned, Decision Making, etc.
To be considered as an applicant for the Offshore Wind Energy MBA programme, the candidate is already a professional with relevant work experience. Each application is considered individually and we welcome qualifications from various backgrounds.
The formal criteria is a bachelor or other equivalent degree combined with two years’ work experience.
The Offshore Wind Energy MBA is an English-taught programme and the modules are highly interactive. Candidates must show proficiency in English to successfully participate in the modules and go through extensive pre-reading.
Participants will be able to adapt project planning to a specific environment. They can develop a tailored project management model, which is evolved around the challenges and processes in a specific firm.