Anyone can claim to be a leader but this claim only works if someone is prepared to follow a leader. This will happen if followers sense that a leader possess leadership skills. These skills are never or very rarely present in any given individual but can be developed through systematic practice and study. In addition, there are social, moral and ethical limits to how a leader can behave and any aspiring leader must know these.
- 2×2 days of workshops
- Next Workshop dates:
November 10th & 11th 2021
December 15th & 16h 2021
- Place: Esbjerg, Denmark
- Leadership concepts and theories
- Power and influence strategies
- Maintaining ethics & personal integrity
- How leaders use networking
- Developing a personal leadership plan
- Focus on the “operational” and “practical” and “executing” and “reflective” elements of leadership.
- Development of operational leadership through learning and through careful practice coupled to feedback and reflection
- Use negotiation skills as a part of leadership to free resource potentials in the firm and its relationship with suppliers.
To be considered as an applicant for the Offshore Wind Energy MBA programme, the candidate is already a professional with relevant work experience. Each application is considered individually and we welcome qualifications from various backgrounds.
The formal criteria is a bachelor or other equivalent degree combined with two years’ work experience. If the applicants do not meet this criteria, they may still be considered if they can demonstrate other capabilities or relevant professional qualifications e.g. more than 5 years’ business experience in the industry.
The Offshore Wind Energy MBA is an English-taught programme and the modules are highly interactive. Candidates must show proficiency in English to successfully participate in the modules and go through extensive pre-reading.
The participants will acquire the skills to analyze leadership in organizations. They will develop the ability to describe and assess leadership practice and challenges in different management situations within the wind energy sector and combine leadership understanding with the skills of negotiation. Participants develop and improve skills to lead, guide and govern people in organizations in various challenging situations and are able to evaluate them.