The course aims at improving students’ competences in leadership, by mostly focusing on challenging and turbulent contexts and enable them to realize the aspects of effective leadership and performance management of people and organizations.
In particular, the course seeks to provide an in-depth understanding of the inner dynamics of human brain that enabling organizational decisions and boosting leadership capabilities targeting at high performance levels of individuals and teams.
- The Brain Adaptive Leadership approach will be utilized that relates to the intellectual mindset about leadership as well as to underlying emotional dynamics and brain automations.
- The Complex Adaptive Leadership approach will be used to explain complexity and change in modern organizations, providing with insightful ideas and practices of how managers can deal with challenging situations.
- Special emphasis will be given on leadership style and specific change management practices that enhance team and organizational performance.
- Develop students’ understanding of managing people in organisation.
- Show that leadership is a balance between meeting needs for organisational integration and adapting to the organisational, local national, international contexts.
- Make students aware of a series of new ideas, concepts, and practices of people management based on scientific insights from complexity science, behavioural science and neuroscience.